Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Favorite Offense?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Favorite Offense?

    With thae talk of PVs offense it got me to wondering what folks favorite offens is (are)?

    I love the Option myself.

    As for formations the Single Wing is a lot of fun to watch. Power I is great too but I like the T better. I just love Power football but with the right mixture of passing to keep Defenses honest. I do like the Spread providing there is enough team speed to run it right. Best high school team I ever saw in person run the Spread would have to be the 07 Gretna team.

    So come on folks lets talk football!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Offense?

    I formation. Some option thrown in is fun to watch. Give me 5 linemen, a te, two wrs, a qb, fb, and a rb and I'm happy.

    The spread is garbage, I hate it, I can't stand watching it even if it's ran well. It takes all the physicality out of the game and tries to become more of a game of keep away.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Offense?

    I like them all. As a QB I like to throw the ball, but I also loved running and option or just anything that allowed me to fake. I tried to hide the ball as well as anyone. (Even drew a whistle from one of my fellow striped friends in a game because the FB got creamed 4 yards downfield because everyone thought he had the ball. Instead the HB had it 10 yards up the sideline). I can handle the spread, but I love watching Carson-Newman run the veer and getting such goofy splits with their lineman.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 1999
    Posts
    1,019
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Offense?

    I like the "I" with multiable sets (Not just the standard Pro I with a TE and 2 WR)

    I like any formation or set that can set a D up for failure (however this is as much or more about play calling than the formation used)

  5. #5
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Offense?

    I, Power I, variations of the T to add a wrinkle or 2.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Offense?

    I guess I am the odd ball, but my favorite is the Ace formation

    I like it set up this way;

    WR------WR--------T-G-C-G-T-TE----------WR
    QB
    RB

    I think the best formation for a great run/pass ratio.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •